Wednesday 17 October 2012

Literature and Books


I don’t have the time I’d like to for reading, so I’m not much of a bookworm, but I enjoy a good botiok, especially ficon ones, specially novels and poetry. My favorite authors are Mario Benedetti, Julio Cortázar, and Manuel Rojas.

The last book I read was Canción de Hielo y Fuego II: Choque de Reyes (A Song of Ice and Fire II: A Clash of Kings) by George R.R. Martin, because I’d watched the TV series and I wanted to see the differences between both versions. The book tells the story of the War of the Five Kings in the fictional continent of Westeros from the point of view of ten different characters, so you can see what’s going on at different places at the same time and how the war affects their lives one way or another.

 I really liked the book, but it took me longer than I thought to finish it, almost a month, because it’s very long (more than 600 pages). If you like political intrigues and conspiracies and you have a soft spot for The Lord of the Rings, you’re going to love this book.

2 comments:

Víctor Méndez said...

A Clash of Kings is an amazing book, but i think that Martin is extending the novel too much. One advice for who want read this book: the dead is near of the characters which you less wait.

Natalie Hormazabal said...

I read this book too, I very good and I`m very hooked with the series. I can wait for the next session of Games of Thrones.