Friday 8 October 2010

About the earthquake

That night I was at a party, the earthquake shocked many of my friends, but my reaction was plenty of calm. Because I was in Talca, the comunications, water and electricity came back few days after. These days were very complicated, but with my neighbors we could organize for the situation would be less complicated.
I thought that the earthquake had been very weaker than it was, but when I watched TV I realized about the catastrofic consecuences.
When the things went back to normal, with my scout group we organized help for the most affected zones of my region. We went to places like Curepto, San Clemente, ColĂ­n etc. giving to the people some first necessity products.
The most important lesson in those days was: Our country wasn't prepared for a seismic movement, there isn't the technological support and our autorities and institutions weren't capable to face up these kind of tragedies, however the people organization and solidarity were means of support for the more afected people.

No comments: